Infinite (Main emission
Over 15 million
Created by Nicolas van Saberhagen (pseudonym)
dynamic - 2 x M100 (median size of the last 100 blocks)
Over 24 GB
every 2 minutes
CPU & GPU mining, pool
Monero is a cryptocurrency that has been gaining popularity in recent years. It is known for its focus on privacy and security, making it a popular choice for those who value anonymity in their transactions.
One of the most significant events in the Monero community is the upcoming halving. This is when the reward for mining Monero is cut in half, which is expected to happen in the near future. This will have an impact on the supply of Monero, which could potentially affect its value.
Another interesting development in the Monero world is the emergence of Monero NFTs. These are non-fungible tokens that are based on the Monero blockchain. They allow for the creation and exchange of unique digital assets, which could have a wide range of applications.
While Monero is not a traditional stock, there are ways to invest in it. Some exchanges offer Monero trading pairs, which allow users to buy and sell Monero for other cryptocurrencies or fiat currencies.
The founder of Monero is a mysterious figure known only by the pseudonym "thankful_for_today." This person has remained anonymous, which is in keeping with the privacy-focused ethos of Monero.
In terms of its meaning, Monero is derived from the Esperanto word for "coin." This reflects the global nature of the cryptocurrency, which is designed to be accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world.
- ✅Monero is a privacyfocused cryptocurrency that offers several advantages over other digital currencies.
- ✅ Monero transactions are completely private and untraceable, thanks to its advanced cryptography and ring signatures.
- ✅ Monero has a decentralized mining system that ensures fair distribution of rewards and prevents centralization.
- ✅ Monero has a dynamic block size limit that allows for faster and more efficient transactions, even during high network traffic.
- ✅ Monero is highly resistant to ASIC mining, which ensures that mining remains accessible to everyone and not just to those with specialized hardware.
- ✅ Monero has a strong and active development community that constantly works on improving the technology and adding new features.
- ✅ Monero is widely accepted by merchants and online businesses, making it a practical and convenient payment option.
- ✅ Monero has a limited supply of coins, which ensures that it retains its value over time and is not subject to inflationary pressures.
- ❌Monero is a cryptocurrency that has gained popularity due to its focus on privacy and security. However, it is not without its disadvantages. Here are some of the drawbacks of using Monero:
- ❌ Limited acceptance: Despite its growing popularity, Monero is still not widely accepted as a form of payment. This means that it can be difficult to find places to spend your Monero, which can limit its usefulness.
- ❌ High transaction fees: Monero transactions can be more expensive than other cryptocurrencies due to the complexity of its privacy features. This can make it less attractive for those looking to make small transactions.
- ❌ Slow transaction times: Monero transactions can take longer to process than other cryptocurrencies, which can be frustrating for users who are used to nearinstant transactions.
- ❌ Limited scalability: Monero's privacy features make it more difficult to scale than other cryptocurrencies. This means that it may struggle to keep up with increasing demand in the future.
- ❌ Regulatory concerns: Monero's focus on privacy has led to concerns from regulators who worry that it could be used for illegal activities such as money laundering or terrorism financing.
- ❌ Limited development resources: Monero is an opensource project that relies on volunteer developers to maintain and improve the code. This can make it difficult to keep up with the pace of development in the fastmoving cryptocurrency space.
- ❌ Limited liquidity: Monero's relatively low trading volume can make it difficult to buy or sell large amounts of the cryptocurrency without affecting the market price.
- ❌ Limited mainstream adoption: Despite its growing popularity, Monero is still seen as a niche cryptocurrency by many in the mainstream financial world. This can limit its potential for widespread adoption and use.
Monero staking is a process that allows users to earn rewards by holding their XMR coins in a staking wallet. This process involves locking up a certain amount of XMR in a staking wallet, which then participates in the network's consensus mechanism. In return for this participation, users receive a portion of the block rewards generated by the network.
To start staking Monero, users must first acquire some XMR coins and transfer them to a staking wallet. This wallet must be connected to the Monero network and have a certain amount of XMR locked up in it to participate in staking. Once the wallet is set up and connected to the network, users can begin staking and earning rewards.
Staking Monero is a great way to earn passive income while also supporting the network's security and decentralization. It is a relatively simple process that can be done by anyone with some XMR coins and a staking wallet. So, if you're looking to earn some extra income from your XMR holdings, consider staking them today!
Monero price usd
Current Monero price is $ 146.20 and it is very difficult to predict future Monero price.
$ 2.68 B
$ 62.23 M
Best Monero wallets
Monero is a popular cryptocurrency that has gained a lot of attention in recent years. If you are looking to store your Monero, there are a few options available to you.
Firstly, you can opt for a software wallet. These are digital wallets that can be downloaded onto your computer or mobile device. Some popular software wallets for Monero include MyMonero, Monerujo, and Cake Wallet. These wallets are easy to use and provide a high level of security for your Monero.
Alternatively, you can choose a hardware wallet. These are physical devices that store your Monero offline, providing an extra layer of security. Some popular hardware wallets for Monero include Ledger Nano S and Trezor Model T. These wallets are more expensive than software wallets but are worth the investment if you are looking for maximum security.
When it comes to storing your Monero, it is important to choose a secure location. You should never store your Monero on an exchange or in an online wallet as these are vulnerable to hacking. Instead, opt for a software or hardware wallet and keep it in a safe place.
In conclusion, if you are looking to store your Monero, there are several options available to you. Whether you choose a software or hardware wallet, make sure to keep it secure and in a safe location.
BEST crypto wallets: and
How to buy Monero?
Monero is a popular cryptocurrency that is known for its privacy and security features. If you're looking to buy Monero, there are several exchanges that you can use. One of the most popular options is Binance, which allows you to buy Monero with a variety of different cryptocurrencies or with fiat currency. Another option is Kraken, which is known for its high level of security and user-friendly interface. Other exchanges that offer Monero trading include Bitfinex, Poloniex, and HitBTC. When choosing an exchange, it's important to consider factors such as fees, security, and reputation. Additionally, it's important to store your Monero in a secure wallet to ensure that it remains safe and protected. Overall, buying Monero is a straightforward process that can be done through a variety of different exchanges.
BEST crypto exchanges and
Monero mining is a process of generating new units of the cryptocurrency Monero by solving complex mathematical equations using computer hardware. This process is known as mining because it involves the use of computational power to solve these equations and verify transactions on the Monero network.
To start mining Monero, you will need to have a computer with a powerful graphics card or ASIC miner. You will also need to download and install mining software that is compatible with your hardware. Once you have set up your mining software, you can start mining Monero by joining a mining pool or mining solo.
Mining Monero can be a profitable venture, but it requires a significant investment in hardware and electricity costs. It is important to do your research and understand the risks and rewards before investing in Monero mining.
Overall, Monero mining is a complex process that requires a significant amount of computational power and technical knowledge. However, with the right hardware and software, it can be a profitable way to generate new units of the cryptocurrency.
The Quantum Proof of Stake or QPoS consensus algorithm holds the same base core like a normal PoS algorithm, in which validators stake their share in the block creation which is carried out by the largest staker. The QPoS is also resistant to both classic and quantum computing attacks. Hopefully this combination will create an even safer and more energy saving algorithm which will be available to more cryptocurrencies than only QRL.
The proof-of-work system/protocol which is used by Monero, was first used in the mid-1990's for fighting spam emails. The idea never found a truly useful cause until 2009 when bitcoin was created. Bitcoin itself utilizes this protocol in its transaction blockchain and thanks to this we can witness the growth in bitcoin mining.
The base idea of this lies in a challenge and proof (or response). The challenge is a transaction, which is a specific cryptographic puzzle. The proof is that a miners computer cracks the puzzle, so the transaction goes through. And that is proof of the miners' work and him providing his hardware for the validation of transactions. The more hash power a miner can provide for validating transactions, the bigger his Monero reward for the service is.
The problem with PoW is that mining has become so large that miners are investing into giant A.S.I.C. hardware which is highly energy consuming. Many mining farms are built around the globe as bitcoin has risen in value.
What is Monero?
Monero is a cryptocurrency that prioritizes privacy and anonymity in transactions.
How does Monero differ from other cryptocurrencies?
Monero uses advanced cryptography to ensure that transactions are untraceable and unlinkable, unlike other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
Is Monero a good investment?
As with any investment, there are risks involved. However, Monero has shown steady growth and has a strong community backing it.
How can I buy Monero?
You can buy Monero on various cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance, Kraken, and Bitfinex.
Can I mine Monero?
Yes, Monero can be mined using a computer's CPU or GPU.
What is the current price of Monero?
The current price of Monero varies and can be checked on cryptocurrency price tracking websites such as CoinMarketCap.
Is Monero legal?
Monero is legal in most countries, but it is important to check your local laws and regulations regarding cryptocurrency.
Can Monero be used for illegal activities?
While Monero prioritizes privacy, it is not inherently used for illegal activities. However, like any currency, it can be used for illegal activities if the user chooses to do so.